iOS 16 Lock Screen Revision Among Apple’s Big Announcements
Apple has announced a major overhaul to your iPhone, with iOS 16 introducing a whole new look and function to your lock screen.
Today was another big announcement day for Apple. Among other things, they announced a massive iPhone redesign coming in iOS 16, a new MacBook Air, and a ton of new software features across all Apple platforms.
Apple announced the new software and hardware items during the keynote, which kicked off its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) this week in California.
We’ll go into (a lot) more detail below, but here’s the quick summary of the main announcements:
- A dramatic iOS overhaul is coming iOS 16;
- New Lock screen editing and widgets will make your iPhone more customizable than ever;
- Apple Wallet gets an upgrade, with a new Apple Pay Later payment splitting feature (similar to PayPal’s Pay in Four feature);
- Maps gets a major upgrade, with multi-stop functionality and on-the-fly Siri reviews;
- A new Safety check function allow people to disable access to certain features of their phone in an emergency (such as fleeing an abusive relationship);
- CarPlay will revolutionize cars in the very near future, with a new comprehensive dashboard system;
- New Macbook Air with a brand new M2 chipand cool colors are coming, and it’s thinner and lighter than ever before;
- Mac OS Ventura arrives and brings an amazing new multitasking tool called Manager with;
- Continuity between all your Apple devices is getting a huge upgrade;
- iPad users have a host of new features to work with, and…
- Games gets a massive upgrade on Mac systems.
All versions are coming this fall, but Apple hasn’t given a specific date for the launches yet. But here’s a deeper look at all the announcements.