Rumney appointed CEO of BWH Hotel Group GB; more international people on the move
Tim Rumney became CEO of BWH Hotel Group GB after serving as Interim CEO since August, while other positions have been filled internationally.
Tim Rumney appointed CEO of BWH Hotel Group GB
Tim Rumney has been appointed full-time CEO of BWH Hotel Group GB, which includes Best Western Great Britain and WorldHotels Great Britain. He has served as interim CEO since August.
After serving as chairman of the board of directors of BWH Hotel Group for four years and a director since 2009, he has led the organization through a significant period of expansion and change, according to the company.
He has operated three Best Western branded hotels for over 20 years, including the Castle Green Hotel in Kendal and the Best Western Plus Pinewood Hotel in Wilmslow. He has over 30 years of experience in the hospitality industry, including holding management positions at Forte Hotels in London and the provinces.
He replaces outgoing CEO Rob Paterson, who has held the position since 2017, and has started representing BWH Hotel Group Great Britain at the BWH Hotel Group International meeting this month.
BC Hotel Association unveils 2021 Board of Directors
The British Columbia Hotel Association (BCHA) introduced its new board of directors, following the organization’s recent virtual AGM. BCHA 2021 Board of Directors will provide vision and strategic leadership commitment to the sector, working towards resilience and industry recovery following the COVID-19 pandemic, labor shortages work and forest fire and flood crises, reports the association.
The BCHA 2021 Board of Directors welcomes three new directors and includes a team of industry leaders from various regions of the province. They are:
- Bryan Pilbeam, Delta by Marriott Hotels, Kamloops
- Brian Rohl, Coast Hotels Limited, Vancouver
- Chris Watson, Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza, Victoria
- David MacKenzie, Pemberton Valley Lodge, Pemberton
- David McQuinn, Coast Bastion Hotel, Nanaimo
- Doug Andrews, The Listel Hotel, Whistler
- Eleanor Ryan, Pomeroy Inn & Suites and Stonebridge Hotel Fort St. John, Fort St. John
- Jessica Dolan, Ramada Penticton, Penticton (new board director)
- John Kearns, Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, Surrey
- Jonas Melin, Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront, Vancouver
- Leo Saad, Best Western Plus Chateau, Fort St. John (new board director)
- Ravinder Dhaliwal, Mundi Hotel Enterprises Inc., Kamloops
- Scott Johnson, Holiday Inn Express Metrotown, Burnaby
- Stephen Roughley, Marriott Victoria Inner Harbor, Victoria
- Instance Stewart, Best Western Tin Wis Resort, Tofino
- Tanya Stroinig, Prestige Hotels & Resorts, Kelowna (new board director)
- Vivek Sharma, Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, Fairmont Hot Springs
The BCHA Board of Directors has appointed new officers, including McQuinn, who will serve as Vice President; Dhaliwal, who will serve as treasurer; as well as MacKenzie, Sharma and Roughley, who will each act as executive directors. Kearns will remain the former chairman and chairman of governance.
GHM promotes Koh
General Hotel Management Ltd. (GHM) has appointed Clement Koh as the group’s senior executive vice president of sales and marketing.
In this newly created role, he will continue to oversee GHM’s strategic expansion of its collection of elegant luxury properties, as well as brand development campaigns and new business initiatives to support the company’s rapidly growing momentum. .
A seasoned trade and branding professional, Koh offers a wealth of expertise gained over three decades of luxury hospitality management, including senior positions at the Mandarin Oriental Group in Hong Kong and Minor International in Hong Kong. Thailand. Previously, he served as GHM’s vice president of marketing sales and chaired the company’s strategic, branding and communications efforts. In 2013, Koh took on additional responsibilities in shaping the group’s business development strategy as SVP. He has also played a key role in improving content curation capabilities and best practices for GHM hotels and resorts.